Sunday, January 27, 2008

To Switch, Or Not To Switch

I'm in a bit of a quandry.

I can't decide whether or not to buy a Macbook, a desktop Mac, or to stay with what I know, and buy a PC, and even then I am stuck with deciding between desktop system, or laptop.

Its a bit of a moot point at the moment because I can't actually afford to do any of the above, but I keep on dreaming of the day that I can afford a new system, and what I want to buy.

Mac seems to be a better choice to me, as their systems are reportedly much more stable (not that I have had any problems with a Windows based system, ever), and they seem to have a monopoly on cool. All their software just plain looks cool, and runs easily. Compare that with a Windows based system, that makes what should bea simple job very hard to do, and is vulnerable to a variety of security problems.

But that being said, I don't know too much about networking with a Mac, and I don't even know if it is possible to network a Mac, with a Windows based system. Another factor to consider is software compatability. A lot of software I use is not available for Mac systems, and I would need to find viable alternatives.

No comments: